We're looking forward to meeting you at the 89th annual meeting of the American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA) in Reno, Nevada!Read more »
published on 27. Jun 2022
It's dark, warm, and humid, and it’s buzzing everywhere. It is this unpleasant sound that drives you crazy during warm summer nights. It’s mosquitoes, thousands of them! The nightmare of many people.Read more »
published on 30. May 2022
What do tiger mosquitoes look like?
Asian tiger mosquitoes (Aedes albopictus) are relatively small and have a black body with clearly visible white stripes (Figure 1 A, B, C).
But be careful, not every dark mosquito with stripes is a tiger mosquito! In Central Europe, for example, the banded mosquito (Culiseta annulata) is present in very many residential areas. It is dark brown and has conspicuously striped legs and abdomen, and there are spots on its wings (Figure 1 D). The Asian tiger mosquito is not dark but distinctly black in color, with a silvery-white line running down the middle of the head and thorax. Furthermore, the tiger mosquito is smaller than the banded mosquito.Read more »
published on 10. Feb 2022
Get prepared for the 88th Annual Conference of the American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA) in Jacksonville!Read more »
published on 20. Dec 2021
Mosquito surveillance – what is this?
By conducting a mosquito surveillance, you can answer questions such as: Which mosquito species are present? Where are they? At what times during the year do they appear and disappear? This can be archieved by collecting, counting and identifying adult mosquitoes (or their larvae, pupae or eggs). In some areas collected specimen are also screened for the presence of pathogens, such as West-Nile-Virus or Dengue virus. This provides a better overview of regions at risk.Read more »
Press Release: Biogents Enters Strong Partnership with SBM Life Science to Further Expand New Markets Across all of Europe
published on 08. Dec 2021
- The French family company SBM's subsidiary SBM Life Science, which is present in 31 countries in the field of innovative and responsible solutions and services for plants, gardens, and living environments, will be Biogents new partner from January 2022 onwards
- With an exclusive retail sales agreement covering all of Europe, Biogents will also further open up the Scandinavian region as well as other markets and digital marketplaces
- SPG will continue to manage the distribution of Biogents solutions in France
published on 28. Sep 2021
The 10th international Conference of the European Mosquito Control Association (EMCA) takes place in Vienna, Austria, from Oct 3-7, 2021. As one of the few opportunities this year even in person and not just virtually.
Biogents is a sponsor of this event. Our colleagues Silke and Max are looking forward to meeting you in person at our booth. Come by to chat with us, have a look at our products, and get informed about our latest developments!Read more »
published on 16. Sep 2021
published on 13. May 2021
With our new subscription models you don't have to remember to buy our BG-Sweetscent attractant to lure the mosquitoes into your trap. You also don't have to remember to buy sticky cards for your BG-GAT trap to catch the mosquitoes which try to escape. This way you can maximize your traps` performances for the whole season.*Read more »
published on 29. Apr 2021
- Highly efficient reduction of the mosquito population
- Reduction of service costs due to low maintenance and high sustainability
- Prevention of resistance & environmental friendliness - spares beneficial insects and does not harm humans and animals